[antlr-interest] ANTLRWorks: Rule Syntax Graph - negated sets

"Paul Bouché (NSN)" paul.bouche at nsn.com
Thu Feb 12 05:28:34 PST 2009

Hi,

I have many lexer rules with negation, i.e.

fragment Value
    :
    // unquoted value
     ~('%' | Delim | '[' | '{' | '"' | '\'' | '`' ) ~('%' | Delim | '}')*

    // quoted value
    '"' ~('%' | '\'' | '`' | '}' | ']')* '"'
    ;

The diagram produced looks a lot bigger, i.e. it collapses the negated
sets to positive sets (sorry for the html mail):

I want to use the diagrams for documentation purposes. The negated sets
are lot more plausible than the positive sets, is there a way to change
this behaviour, such that ANTLRWorks will display the negated sets?
I am using the latest ANTLRWorks (1.2.2).

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Bouché
Voice: +49 30 590080-1284

Nokia Siemens Networks GmbH & Co. KG, An den Treptowers 1, 12435 Berlin, Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München / Registered office: Munich
Registergericht: München / Commercial registry: Munich, HRA 88537
WEEE-Reg.-Nr.: DE 52984304

Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin / General Partner: Nokia Siemens Networks Management GmbH
Geschäftsleitung / Board of Directors: Lydia Sommer, Olaf Horsthemke
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats / Chairman of supervisory board: Lauri Kivinen
Sitz der Gesellschaft: München / Registered office: Munich
Registergericht: München / Commercial registry: Munich, HRB 163416