[antlr-interest] Problem when parsing numerics

Thomas Woelfle thomas.woelfle at interactive-objects.com
Tue Feb 17 05:38:25 PST 2009

Hi,

I've been running into a strange problem using ANTLR 3.1.1. I don't know
wether it is a bug in my grammar or a bug in ANTLR.
In the language that has to be parsed following lines are legal strings:

1.
1.5.

There is a rule where a numeric is followed by a dot.

The problem with my grammar can be reduced to following sample grammar:

grammar test;

options {language=Java;}

foo     :     NUMERIC '.';

NUMERIC :    '0'..'9'+ ('.' '0'..'9'+)?;

When using this grammar the string '1.5.' can be parsed successfully but
parsing the string '1.' fails with a MismatchedTokenException. Has
anybody an idea what is going wrong with my grammar?

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Thomas

--
Interactive Objects Software GmbH
Basler Strasse 61

Phone:  +49 761 400 73 0
mailto:thomas.woelfle at interactive-objects.com

Interactive Objects' Legacy Modernization Solutions

Get Your Applications SOA-Ready!

See http://www.interactive-objects.com/ for more information.