[antlr-interest] Match A with exception of B .....how do I do that?

Vlastimil Adamovsky vlas01 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 20:24:40 PST 2009

Thanks,

the problem is something like this:

Identifier     : (Letter | '_') (LetterOrDigit | '_')* ;

ReservedIdentifier  : PseudoVariableReference | ConstantReference;

PseudoVariableReference  : 'self' | 'super' | 'thisContext';

ConstantReference : 'nil' | 'false' | 'true' ;

ConstantReference
 : 'nil' | 'false' | 'true'
 ;

PseudoVariableReference
 : 'self' | 'super' | 'thisContext'
 ;

ReservedIdentifier
 : PseudoVariableReference | ConstantReference
 ;

BindableIdentifier : Identifier  -  ReservedIdentifier ;  //this is EBNF notation

How do I set up a BindableIdentifier rule so it is valid for ANTLR??

I have to admit, I just started using ANTLR and I like it a lot, but still, I think the learning curve is very steep....

Thanks,
  Vlastimil