[antlr-interest] Featurerequest for ANTLR

Christoph Bäumer ch.baeumer at gmx.de
Mon Feb 23 00:27:51 PST 2009

Hi Terence,

have you ever thought to support following directly in your tree parser:

-          A loop keyword.
When using the tree parser I guess it is not uncommon to use the parser for
writing interpreters. Today it’s a pain in the ass (sorry for being rude) to
execute some statements several times

-          A conditional keyword (if)
The same

Supporting this would speed up the development of interpreters. I know there
is the StringTemplate. But this is only usable when writing code that will
be compiled and not for an the fly generation. I use antlr for a report
language where such keywords could be useful.

Many thanks

Christoph