[antlr-interest] Compiler error, CSharp2 target: empty if condition

Ben Gillis wbgillis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 19:46:02 PST 2009

This is probably a known CSharp2 target compile issue, but googling the error message only turned up others with the same problem, no resolution/status.

Questions: Will it be fixed?  best work-arounds?

The compile error is: Invalid expression term ')'

Anytime I use a token in single quotes in an AST rewrite, I get the above.  For example,

someRule : 'KEYWORD' 'TOKEN' ->  ^(KEYWORD TOKEN);

which produces an empty condition in a C# if statement:

    if ( )

If I remove the single quotes, the error is resolved:

someRule : KEYWORD TOKEN ->  ^(KEYWORD TOKEN);

the newly gen'd code being:

if ( stream_KEYWORD.HasNext() )

Regards,
Ben