[antlr-interest] C target, C grammar + AST = missing *_SymbolsPop()

Gary R. Van Sickle g.r.vansickle at att.net
Tue Jan 20 03:36:56 PST 2009

Hi guys,

I'm trying to make the C grammar in examples-v3 generate an AST, but for
some reason it appears to not be generating ScopePop()'s for the dynamic
scopes; for every dynamic scope, I get an error like the following:

"ss9_combined_lexer_parserParser.cpp: In function
`ss9_combined_lexer_parserParser_translation_unit_return
translation_unit(ss9_combined_lexer_parserParser_Ctx_struct*)':
ss9_combined_lexer_parserParser.cpp:12842: error:
`ptranslation_unit_SymbolsPop' undeclared (first use this function)"

Sure enough, no such function exists.  Things work fine if I don't declare
"output=AST"; in that case, the only SymbolsPop() function generated or
called appears to be pss9_combined_lexer_parserParser_SymbolsPop(), i.e. all
dynamic scope code calls the same ScopePop().  Does this ring any bells for
anybody?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle