[antlr-interest] CSharp2: serialize/deserialize as AST

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Thu Jan 22 00:43:02 PST 2009

At 20:17 22/01/2009, Johannes Luber wrote:
 >Actually, I don't know how pointers are treated, but I'd be
 >surprised if the standard formatters don't handle this case
 >themselves as it is a general case with using references
 >instead value types in member fields.

Is it an actual pointer (unsafe something *) or is it just a
reference-type field?

Because binary formatters handle the latter perfectly fine; they
can even cope properly with cycles in the object graph (which is
what will be the case here -- parent->child->parent).

The XmlSerializer can't (it's not a binary formatter), but the
SoapFormatter can (because it is, even though it outputs XML).