[antlr-interest] error running antlrworks - java.lang.StackOverflowError

Peterson, Joe joe.peterson at intel.com
Fri Jan 23 08:40:13 PST 2009

This solved my problem.

Thanks!
-JEEP
Joe Peterson

From: Terence Parr [mailto:parrt at cs.usfca.edu]
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2009 8:02 AM
To: Peterson, Joe
Cc: antlr-interest at antlr.org
Subject: Re: [antlr-interest] error running antlrworks - java.lang.StackOverflowError

wack your antlrworks prefs directory maybe and start again...
Ter
On Jan 23, 2009, at 1:04 AM, Peterson, Joe wrote:

Hello all,

A week or so ago, I was running AntlrWorks 1.2.2 without any major problems.  Then I fired it up a couple days ago and it just hung.  When I run it from a command prompt (java -jar antlrworks.1.2.2.jar), I see the following error message:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.StackOverflowError
               at org.antlr.works.grammar.engine.GrammarEngineImpl.getRootEngine(Unknown Source)
               at org.antlr.works.grammar.engine.GrammarEngineImpl.getRootEngine(Unknown Source)

That repeats many times.  I can count them if it's relevant.

I have tried downloading the jar again, but I get the same error.  The only possibly relevant thing I've done lately is move my Antlr-3.1.1 directory (and I changed the CLASSPATH and PATH environment variables appropriately.)  I didn't think that should affect AntlrWorks, and I have no problem running Antlr.

Can someone help me figure out what I should look at next or what I could have done to cause this problem?

Possibly relevant information:
java version "1.6.0_07"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode, sharing)

Thanks,
-JEEP