[antlr-interest] Lexer recognition exceptions

Bruno Marc-Aurele bruno.marc-aurele at polymtl.ca
Wed Jan 28 08:21:35 PST 2009

Hi,

I am currently doing a project where the description of our software
architecture is very important. Therefore, I have to understand the code that's
generated by ANTLR properly (academic stuff... Need to provide documents and
follow them...)

I have seen that the generated parser catches the RecognitionExpections during
parsing. How about the lexer? There is no catch block, so I understand that the
exceptions are to be catched by us when we instantiate the lexer object. Am I
right or is there some tricky mechanics involved in the base classes that I am
not aware of?

Thanks a lot for your support,
Bruno M-A.
--