[antlr-interest] Empty grammarDecisionDescription field

Dennis Benzinger Dennis.Benzinger at gmx.net
Thu Jan 29 08:36:20 PST 2009

Hi!

I'm using the Java target and I want to have rich error messages like
the ones in Chapter 10.2 Enriching Error Messages during Debugging in
The Definitive ANTLR reference. The problem is that every time I get an
NoViableAltException the grammarDecisionDescription field is empty.

Do I have to set an option when generating the parser to fill this field?

Or is this field only filled for some rules?

Or is this field not supported anymore in newer ANTLR versions?

Dennis Benzinger