[antlr-interest] Questions

Dave Dutcher dave at tridecap.com
Thu Jul 9 07:14:06 PDT 2009

You can edit a Python outputing grammar in ANTLRWorks, and features like
graphing your rules will still work, but the debugger does not work with
Python.

I think you are getting the version numbers between Antlr and AntlrWorks
confused.

To install AntlrWorks just download the jar file
http://www.antlr.org/download/antlrworks-1.2.3.jar, and you should be able
to double click it to run the app.  (If you already have a java runtime
installed.)

Antlr is a parser/translator generator.  You use it when you need to write
your own language (metalinguistic abstraction), parse a domain specific
language somebody else wrote, analyze source code, or parse a complicated
data format.

Dave