[antlr-interest] ANTLR Newbie Questions

William Tribbey will at tribbey.net
Fri Jul 17 02:02:31 PDT 2009

Hi Everybody, I am new to ANTLR. I have my freshly-delivered ANTLR reference
and I am climbing the learning curve.
My initial purpose for learning ANTLR is to parse Java source files and
dissect the methods within each class, including
the method bodies. I am interested in which methods call which methods.

I do have one question at the moment. Do I need to aim for some sort of AST
analysis for this chore or do I just need suitable
actions? Of the existing Java grammars posted on the ANTLR site, would there
be one considered a better choice for
this task than others?

Thanks for any pointers,

Will Tribbey