[antlr-interest] A small surprising change in behaviour between antlr 3.1.2 and 3.1.3

Fredrik Ohrstrom oehrstroem at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 01:03:17 PDT 2009

If you execute:

java -cp antlr-3.1.2.jar org.antlr.Tool MyGrammar.g3

everything works fine. but if you execute:

java -cp antlr-3.1.3.jar org.antlr.Tool MyGrammar.g3

nothing happens, no Java files are produced, no error
messages are printed. Though it does complain
if the grammar contains errors.

Apparently 3.1.3 cares about the file suffix, I have
to rename MyGrammar.g3 to MyGrammar.g,
then it works. This is not so intuitive, caused me
a bit of a headache when I tried to upgrade to 3.1.3.
:-)

//Fredrik