[antlr-interest] Language Design Patterns and incremental parsing

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Jul 22 12:31:20 PDT 2009

hi Andrew,

Well, Prashant and I have been discussing this for years now. After
talking to the netbeans and javafx teams as well, I've come to the
conclusion it's not the best use of my time. It's a really hard
problem (and least the lexer is; parser is easy incrementally) and
computers are fast enough now that is just not worth me going crazy
over it.  Sorry to say...you should be fine though; we're talking
about an O(n) process fortunately.

  glad you like the LDP book!
Ter