[antlr-interest] "Language design patterns" book available in beta

Dennis Brothers brothers at bros.com
Wed Jun 3 18:36:13 PDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 8:57 PM, Randall R Schulz wrote:

> On Wednesday June 3 2009, Dennis Brothers wrote:
>>>
>>> Do they publish a Kindle-specific version? Or can PDFs be read on
>>> the Kindle?

>>> Randall Schulz
>>
>> The Kindle "native" format is actually Mobi (one of the available
>> downloads from Pragmatic).  Change the extension to .azw, and the
>> Kindle is happy with it.
>
> Cool. Got a spare Kindle?

Yeah, but you'll have to pry it out of my eleven-year-old
granddaughter's cold, dead hands :)

I bought a Kindle the day after it was announced, then upgraded to the
Kindle 2 when it was announced (there were enough new features,
particularly in image handling, that I considered it worthwhile).  I
"lent" my old Kindle to my granddaughter.  I doubt I'll ever get it
back.

To keep this somewhat on topic, I find the Kindle very useful for
carrying around tons of technical documentation.

Even more on topic, I've got Ter's first book on it, and the Kindle's
search facility makes up for the inadequacies of the index in the dead-
tree version (sorry, Ter, but it's true).  Also, Pragmatic just told
me that there was an updated version, which I downloaded (it was
free).  No "release notes"; I guess it's just errata corrections.

Updates and betas on _books_?  We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

     - Dennis