[antlr-interest] GUnit: Testing rules which have parameters

Tilman Bender tbender at stud.hs-heilbronn.de
Fri Jun 5 02:40:27 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I am trying to test my semantic error-checker, which is a TreeWalker.

Since I use a symboltable to check for redefinition etc. my first
approach was to create that table as a public member in this
TreeWalker and retreive it
for later use after the walker has returned. Everything fine. GUnit
working.

Now I want to create the symboltable in the code that is calling my
treewalker and pass it as an argument to the main parsing method.
Unfortunatley this will break my GUnit-Tests since there is no way to
pass an argument to the tested method.

Am I missing something? Does anyone have a good suggestion how to get
around this?

It would be really cool, if this would be built into a future version
of GUnit. Some kind of test-fixture would also be really neat ;-)

Tilman Bender
Student des Software Engineering
Hochschule Heilbronn
tbender at stud.hs-heilbronn.de