[antlr-interest] trying to remove left recursion with ANTLRWorks

Erol Akarsu eakarsu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:12:50 PDT 2009

Hi,

I am trying to remove left recursion in my grammar with ANTLRWorks.
I am using version 1.3.2 with antr 3.1.3. I compiled ANTLRWorks.

I checked grammar with IDE menu Grammar - > Check Grammar , that tells me I
have 48 left recursion in my grammar file.

Then I picked one that has left recursion, that is red in color, execute
Refactor -> Remove Left Recursion and I am getting popped up window saying
this rule does not have left recursion. I put breakpoint at
removeLeftRecursion method in ActionRefactorImp.java class and see that it
could not find left recursion in selected rule.

I would like to know why there is diffrence between ANDLR's left recursion
discovery and ANTLRWorks removal process.

Is there any option I need to setp up to remove left recursion?

Regards

Erol Akarsu