[antlr-interest] Experiences going to XML DOM from AST...

Sylvain, Gregory [USA] sylvain_gregory at bah.com
Mon Jun 22 04:02:59 PDT 2009

Hi,
I have a system which currently translates several legacy message formats into XML DOM (does some manipulation and verification) and then translates the XML DOM back to the legacy message format.  It currently does all of the legacy translation by hand.   Accordingly, there are some 'gaps', as well as hard to find bugs, in the translation.
I am looking to replace the hand translation with ANTLR.   However, I would like to keep the XML DOM middle representation as there is already quite a few architectural features built around that model.
Does anyone have experience translating from ANTLR AST to XML DOM?  I have a bit of trouble trying to grasp how the tree grammar would/could output XML DOM.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Greg