[antlr-interest] 0xcdcdcdcd myth with antlr base tree pointer u

Xie, Linlin linlin.xie at siemens.com
Fri Jun 26 10:24:29 PDT 2009

Hi Jim,

I've noticed that that empty pointers are all (am I right?) initialized
to be 0xcdcdcdcd by default. Looks like it's a debugging value coming
from the C runtime library. I wonder if you have your reason for this to
work this way, or better to initialize them to be 0? it'd be helpful for
us that we don't have to check against this value which is perhaps not
platform independent.

Also, I made some small changes in the antlr 3.1.3 to fix the previous
two bugs I mentioned, and a change to make the @after action work for
our purpose. I wonder if I should submit to the antlr repository to get
checked if they are good fixs, and also I wonder we can push you a
little bit to get @after supported soon J?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Linlin