[antlr-interest] Using ANTLR without Java

Dmitry Gusev dmitry.gusev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 03:09:50 PDT 2009

I used ANTLR in one of c# projects. Maybe this would help you (part of
*.csproj):

  <ItemGroup>
    <Antlr3 Include="Expression.g">
      <OutputFiles>ExpressionLexer.cs;ExpressionParser.cs</OutputFiles>
    </Antlr3>
  </ItemGroup>
  <Target Name="GenerateAntlrCode" Inputs="@(Antlr3)"
Outputs="%(Antlr3.OutputFiles)">
    <Exec Command="..\..\tools\Antlr3.Tool.exe -message-format vs2005
@(Antlr3)" Outputs="%(Antlr3.OutputFiles)" />
  </Target>
  <PropertyGroup>
    <BuildDependsOn>GenerateAntlrCode;$(BuildDependsOn)</BuildDependsOn>
  </PropertyGroup>

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 10:31, Vaclav Barta <vbar at comp.cz> wrote:

> On Saturday 27 June 2009 07:48:55 Elnur Cabarov wrote:
> > I'm writing an application in C# and want to use ANTLR in it (i.e. user
> > should be able to write own grammars or change existing ones, compile and
> > run them dynamically)
> >
> > But I don't want end-users need both .Net framework and Java. Is there
> any
> > way to use ANTLR without Java? I don't mean using C# as a target
> language.
> > I mean dynamically compiling grammars and running them without Java
> Short of porting ANTLR to C# (which should be possible, but rather painful
> at
> the moment, as ANTLR 3 still depends on ANTLR 2), I don't think so.
>
>        Bye
>                Vasek

> Unsubscribe:

Dmitry Gusev