[antlr-interest] Can ANTLR be used for renaming a method or class/interface and all its invocations/references ?

Loring Craymer lgcraymer at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 16:01:40 PST 2009

It is relatively easy to build such a facility for any language for which you have an ANTLR grammar suite (lexer, parser, tree walker), but why reinvent the wheel?  This sort of refactoring is not something that you would normally do in batch mode and is needed sufficiently rarely that any penalties for doing the renamings interactively from an IDE are swamped by the effort needed to implement the library.

--Loring