[antlr-interest] Bug? Invalid Java code generated

Sam Barnett-Cormack s.barnett-cormack at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Mar 6 10:04:22 PST 2009

Jim Idle wrote:
> Sam Barnett-Cormack wrote:
>> Jim Idle wrote:

>>> Here is a hint. $text of what? This is a parser rule not a lexer rule.
>> "The Definitive ANTLR Reference", Terence Parr, p130: Figure 6.2,
>> Predefined Parser Rule Attributes:
>>
>> "Attribute: text
>> Type: String
>> point of the $text expression evaluation..."
>>
> Oh, well you obviously already know everything already then.

All I'm saying is that the docs say it can be used in a parser rule. And
that I know what its value should be. There's no need to assume I've
done something stupid, which certainly seems to be the case when you
suggest that using $text there isn't valid, or is problematic in some
way, without elaborating, especially when the docs say it can be used.

--
Sam Barnett-Cormack