[antlr-interest] lookahead DFA too big?

Andreas Meyer andreas.meyer at smartshift.de
Fri Mar 6 11:38:43 PST 2009

Terence Parr schrieb:
> Hi Andreas, I'm neck deep in another problem at the moment. Can you
> try increasing the timeout?
>
>   -Xconversiontimeout t  set NFA conversion timeout for each decision
>
> try 100000 or something liek that.

Yes, I already did that. Sorry if my initial mail two days back was too
verbose, probably you did not see it :-) The result of running ANTLR was
a huge java file, with lots of definitions for follow-sets (many
thousands) and dfa-transitions. The follow-sets issue I resolved with a
perl script (by moving them into a set of static initializer functions),
but the dfa-transitions look a little tricky to move around with perl,
so javac still cannot compile the parser.

If you think it's feasible to change the corresponding string templates
for a string template newbie (me), I would really appreciate if you
could tell me which parts I need to take care of.

Thanks a lot!
Andreas Meyer