[antlr-interest] errors reported in console

Gavin Lambert antlr at mirality.co.nz
Tue Mar 17 11:37:55 PDT 2009

At 01:05 18/03/2009, Java Developer wrote:
>Could you refer me to a link explaining fragment rules versus
>top-level rules (I find the Wiki pages confusing)? A keyword
>search on google did not help.

To turn a non-fragment lexer rule into a fragment rule, you just
put the word "fragment" in front of it.  This means that it's no
longer considered a possible candidate to be selected as a full
token -- it has to be referenced from other lexer rules in order
to have any effect.  (It is still allocated a token id, though,
which is useful for more advanced problems.)

Have a look at the example v3 grammars.  You might also want to
get TDAR (the ANTLR book).