[antlr-interest] ANTLR website vs Firefox

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed Mar 25 08:44:10 PDT 2009

Peter C. Chapin wrote:
> I've noticed that, for some reason, the ANTRL web site seems to misbehave
> in my Firefox (v3.0.7). Specifically many of the images don't download (I
> get "Waiting for www.antlr.org" indefinitely) and I've also had similar
> problems downloading some files. When this occurs, I load the same pages
> in IE7 and they work fine. I wouldn't think much about it except that it
> is very consistent. I do notice that all the images that cause me problems
> are *.gif files.
>
> None of my Firefox plug-ins seem relevant. I tried disabling AdBlock Plus
> but that did not help.
>
> Has anyone else observed this effect?

I use 3.0.7 on Madriva Linux and everything works perfectly. Perhaps you
should disable all the plugins and see if that works, or perhaps reload
Firefox. I have had so many problems with Firefox just hanging or
slowing to a crawl when there are "too many" windows open, and using 5TB
of memory, that I have started to use Opera when I can.

Jim