[antlr-interest] ANTLR 3.1 incompatible change for tree parser labels?

Terence Parr parrt at cs.usfca.edu
Wed Mar 25 11:32:27 PDT 2009

Ah. That is a different problem; I don't think that ever worked. are
you sure that 314 isn't your issue?
you have output=AST or ST, right?

To fix: open file

src/main/resources/org/antlr/codegen/templates/Java/Java.stg

and change ruleLabelDefs() template to:

ruleLabelDefs() ::= <<
<[ruleDescriptor.tokenLabels,ruleDescriptor.tokenListLabels,

ruleDescriptor.wildcardTreeLabels,ruleDescriptor.wildcardTreeListLabels]
     :{<labelType> <it.label.text>=null;}; separator="\n"

<
[ruleDescriptor
.tokenListLabels
,ruleDescriptor.ruleListLabels,ruleDescriptor.wildcardTreeListLabels]
     :{List list_<it.label.text>=null;}; separator="\n"

<ruleDescriptor.ruleLabels:ruleLabelDef(label=it); separator="\n">
<ruleDescriptor.ruleListLabels:{ll|RuleReturnScope <ll.label.text> =
null;}; separator="\n">

All I did was change the last line to be:

<ruleDescriptor.ruleListLabels:{ll|RuleReturnScope <ll.label.text> =
null;}; separator="\n">

Ter