[antlr-interest] 3.1.3 only accepts *.g extensions

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed Mar 25 12:07:53 PDT 2009

Gavin Lambert wrote:
> At 04:16 26/03/2009, Jim Idle wrote:
> >That is indeed a bug, though since we changed some internals, there
> >is no real need not to use .g any more too be honest. I changed the
> >VS rules files some time ago. I will take a look at this as it must
> >be an oversight (probably on my part when I changed things for the
> >Maven plugin).
>
> I thought that one of the reasons for the alternate extensions was
> that the VS rule files (among other things) needed the extension in
> order to work out which output files would be produced from a given
> grammar file (which in turn lets it know whether it needs to recompile
> or not).  Isn't that still the case?

No - I changed the rules files so that they work off the different
extensions or can be assigned to any .g file. There are more rules files
and you can right click and assign the type accordingly in the project
explorer. Still, it should be supporting other extensions though. must
have been hard coded somewhere by accident.

Jim