[antlr-interest] Documenting grammars

Andy Tripp antlr at jazillian.com
Thu Mar 26 08:27:33 PDT 2009

I don't think there's any reasonable way to build something that general.
Something that takes any language (e.g. Java, BNF, assembly, English, etc) and
produces any output (HTML, pdf, postscript, etc) will just be so general
as to be useless, IMO.

I think you'll end up "just" building a doclet-like API that handles
BNF-like grammars (as opposed to the Java code that doclets handle).
Then create a tool for each type of output, starting with one that produces
HTML (and that's probably the only one anyone will ever create).

Good luck with it. I'll be happy to contribute if you want help with it.
Andy