[antlr-interest] Check individual stmt?

Bill Steer steerr at bellsouth.net
Tue May 5 07:51:35 PDT 2009

Hello.  My grammar processes a "program," which consists of individual
"statements."  Those statements are just semicolon-delimited
expressions.  I'm storing all of the statements in a string and using
the corresponding string as input to ANTLR.  So far, so good.  But I
need to check the content of each individual statement to see if the IDs
in it are in a symbol table or not.  Is it possible, from an input point
of view, to send ANTLR a series of statements, one at a time?  I'm
thinking here about the ANTLRStringStream, not the rule to run.  Do I
have to create a new ANTLRStringStream and corresponding lexer each time
I feed it a new statement, or can the ANTLRStringStream be reset to a
new input string?

Thanks very much for any help.

Bill