[antlr-interest] Implementing if statements in a tree parsing Interpreter

Matthew M. Burke mmburke at gwu.edu
Fri May 8 12:15:33 PDT 2009

Thanks to all who wrote with suggestions, etc.

I finally twigged to a solution that allowed me to get the approach I
had started to work---probably should have spotted this quicker.  In
case anybody's interested, the key line of code is flagged below:

Matthew M. Burke wrote:

> Now in the tree parser, I have
>
> statement
>     : ...
>     | ^(SAME_CMD a=val b=val .) {
>                       int aval = $a.value;
>                       int bval = $b.value;
>                       if (a == b) {
>                             // HERE'S THE KEY

                                                           CommonTree
blockRoot = (CommonTree)($statement.start.getChild(2));