[antlr-interest] Targeting different runtimes with the same grammar

Chris Lambrou chris at lambrou.net
Fri May 8 14:59:04 PDT 2009

Is there a recommended way of writing a grammar so that it can be used to
target different runtimes?  I'd like to be able to use the same grammar to
target both C# (for use in an ASP.NET server application) and in JavaScript
(for use by clients). The ANTLR book is filled with examples of how useful
it can be to embed Java code within the grammar, but this couples the
grammar to a specific runtime, which is something I'm explicitly trying to
avoid.

Regards,

Chris