[antlr-interest] Parse trace?

Tilman Bender tbender at stud.hs-heilbronn.de
Thu May 14 11:34:07 PDT 2009

Hi Jay,

I am sure what you mean by "annotatin my grammar with trace statements".
If you mean doing this manually for every rule/alternative: you need
not do that.

As far as I see you can have ANTLR add such trace information for you,
so you do not have to do
it manually. I've seen this as a config option in the antlr3-maven-
plugin and I am sure there is a corresponding
ANTLR-Tool option for this.

Another (maybe weird) idea: Isn't this a typical use case for AOP?
Would it be feasible to weave the logging
into the whole thing? Just an idea ;-)

Tilman Bender
Student des Software Engineering
Hochschule Heilbronn