[antlr-interest] Python3 target

Murat Knecht murat.knecht at student.hpi.uni-potsdam.de
Tue May 19 09:00:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

I just tried the native Python target with ANTLR3 and stumbled upon
problems using the generated parser in Python v3.
The documentation says that the current version supports v2.4 and 2.5.
Are there any plans to produce a Python3 compatible target or is one
already being made?

So far, it seems the problems are rather minor, e.g. using old unicode
u'blub' strings, which are not allowed in Python anymore. I could
probably just hack the python target, but then an in-house solution
clearly is nicer and better maintainable.

Sorry, if this has been asked before. Googling python3 and antlr usually
results in something about antlr3 (Google is trying just too hard.)

Best regards,
Murat