[antlr-interest] Strange bug in ANTLR version higher than 3.1.2

FranklinChen at cmu.edu FranklinChen at cmu.edu
Wed Nov 4 15:49:11 PST 2009

In a long-delayed ANTLR upgrade, I have encountered a strange bug that
has a critical impact on one of my large projects.

Some detective work showed me that my code works fine in ANTLR 3.1.1
and 3.1.2, but then 3.1.3 breaks it (and 3.2 also does not work).  I
am not sure what I am doing wrong, if anything.  I am doing some tree
manipulations in a parser.  I have created a smallest possible test
project to pinpoint and illustrate the difference in behavior.  I
would appreciate it if someone could tell me whether (1) ANTLR 3.1.3
and up are higher are broken, in which case I must stick with
3.1.1/3.1.2, or (2) I am not using the Tree API properly, and need to
change the way I am doing what I need to do.

Attached is an archive of my sample project.