[antlr-interest] Problem regarding AntlrWorks Source Code

Mohan Agarwal mohan.agarwal25 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 03:15:28 PST 2009

Hi Indhu,
    Let me explain the my scenario in more detail. Presently I am working on
Hadoop, to execute a job on hadoop I am using Hive (which create a database
management system over hadoop). This hive has it's own query language called
Hive Query Language whose grammar is made by using AntlrWorks. Now I have
created a Hive Browser from where user can submit a hive query and see the
result. I also want to create a Interactive Query Builder to create a query,
so that user don't have to write a query in a query editor to execute it.
I want this query builder to work for all kind of queries with all possible
rules and restrictions. To accomplish I have to parse the grammar file for
Hive (i.e. Hive.g) and take out all the rule inside side it. When user
select any rule like selectSatetment all the information ( parser, literals
etc) will be shown on the dialog. Somewhere it is same as AntlrWorks ,which
also parse the grammar file and show all the rules in the tree . When user
click on any rule ,the syntax diagram for that rule comes on the bottom
panel. For this reason I was navigating the source code of AntlrWorls.
        I am attaching the grammar file for Hive (i.e. Hive.g).

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanking You
Mohan Agarwal