[antlr-interest] Parser hanging at proxy.handshake call ?

Peter Boughton boughtonp at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 12:08:28 PST 2009

Hi all,

I am attempting to get a basic ECMAScript parser working, and found a
complete grammar here:
http://research.xebic.com/es3/

And that appears to compile and produce the appropriate Java files ok.
( I'm using the ANTLR IDE Eclipse plugin, running on Eclipse 3.5 )

However, when actually trying to use it with a simple test, it just hangs.
( following guide at
http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=789 )

I've tracked down the problem to a function call of proxy.handshake()
which ultimately comes from
org.antlr.runtime.debug.DebugEventSocketProxy, but I don't know what
to try next - do I even need debugging; can I disable it somehow and
see if that helps?

Searching on the problem finds only one related problem, but with no resolution:
http://www.mail-archive.com/il-antlr-interest@googlegroups.com/msg04633.html

Anyone have any idea how I stop it hanging and get it to work?

Thanks,

Peter