[antlr-interest] [c target] debugging using antlrworks

Юрушкин Михаил yurushkin at rambler.ru
Tue Oct 6 06:40:16 PDT 2009

>  >1) I generate lexer and parser using -debug option.
>  >2) I run my project. It starts to listen antlrworks (standard port,
>  >I checked).
>  >3) I open MyParser.g grammar and click "Remote debug". I use
>  >standard port.
>  >4) My parser continies to work... and stops when it reach
>  >		    "DBG->enterRule(DBG, getGrammarFileName(), (const char
>  >*)"statement");"  line
>  >5) In this procedure parser transmits some info to debugger and
>  >waits.
>  >6) I click "Step forward" and parser continies it work and
>  >returns.. In AntlrWorks I tried to use breakpoints and "step
>  >over" button - no results.
>
> Possibly your parser is not matching anything.  Try adding EOF to the
> end of your top-level rule; this tells it that it must consume all the
> input or generate an error.
>
> Remember, the ANTLRWorks debugger is useless for finding problems with
> lexer rules; you really need to write unit tests in order to verify
> those before worrying about what's going on in your parser rules.

It's not MY parser.. I used code example from ANTLRWORKS
("C/hoistedPredicates" example).
I generated debug version of this project, but debugger doesnt work
correctly (see my last message).
Could u check this example (with the antlrworks debugger)? If you'll get
positive result, please, send me your project! Your example will help me
very mutch!

have a nice working day,
Michael