[antlr-interest] [c target] tracing

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Wed Oct 7 08:27:32 PDT 2009

Debug should work OK from a parser but tree parser debugging probably isn't too hot. Up to press nobody has really needed to use it. The trace option isn't really implemented but the conditionals are still in the template so that I can come back to it some day. In general I find it more useful to debug the generated C code with a good C level debugger. VS2008 is a great debugger and the Netbeans C project interfacing to the GNU debugger is getting better with every release. Using the C level debugger (especially VS2008) lets you examine all the data structures too.

I will get to fixing up those features, but have not had any time to do so lately. Sorry about that.

Jim