[antlr-interest] Learning ANTLR

Martijn Reuvers martijn.reuvers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 12:00:05 PDT 2009

Hello Paul,

The new book uses antlr 3.2. As for starting, I guess both would be
useful. The second book uses antlr in several examples, but is not
written for antlr specifically. So for the basics of antlr perhaps you
should start with the older book. The new book though, teaches you a
lot about the things antlr is silently doing for you (how lexer &
parsers & treewalkers work e.g.). So it depends on what you want to
learn and what to do with antlr. =)

Martijn