[antlr-interest] Learning the basics of ANTLR

Graham Wideman gwlist at grahamwideman.com
Wed Oct 14 01:36:11 PDT 2009

Just a minor fixup for anyone who stumbles on this thread. Yesterday I wrote:

>So far as I know, there is no impact of order in which the lexer and parser
>rules appear in the .g file.

... I later realized this could be misleading. I meant order of lexer rules relative to parser rules. Ie: lexer rules can come before, after or intermingled with parser rules.

By contrast, there *is* an impact to the order in which lexer rules are presented, for example, relative to each other.

At least, that's today's understanding :-).

-- Graham