[antlr-interest] How to make a syntactic predicate exit a rule completely

Naveen Chawla naveen.chwl at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 17 10:15:25 PDT 2009

Ok, so even if all syntactic predicates have failed in a particular
rule, that rule is still included as "matched" in that analysis! Is this
true or are my tests wrong? This is not what I hoped. I was hoping that upon
complete failure of all syntactic predicates in a rule, the rule becomes
disregarded, and that "disregarding" is cascaded as far up as possible, and
an alternative path is attempted. Is this how it's works, or am I missing
something? Or is there a way, using actions, to "force" the exiting of a
particular rule as if it had not been matched at all?

Many regards,