[antlr-interest] [C target] how to skip empty lines

Юрушкин Михаил yurushkin at rambler.ru
Thu Oct 22 22:31:53 PDT 2009

David-Sarah Hopwood <david-sarah at jacaranda.org> писал(а) в своём письме
Fri, 23 Oct 2009 09:20:32 +0400:

> Юрушкин Михаил wrote:
>> first example: stmnt <\n> stmnt <\n> stmnt <;> <\n> // i mean <\n> is
>> enough to seperate statements.
>
> For most languages that do that, it's sufficient to add an empty
> statement
> rule in the parser.

mm.. empty lines can be in every place of grammar: between statements,
procedures, declarations etc where empty_statement rule isn't exist.
I think it's important to skip redudant <\n> on lexer level... but i don't
know how to do that clearly (without overriding nextToken for example).

--
Best regards,
Michael