[antlr-interest] MSBuild integration for the CSharp targets

Kyle Ferrio kferrio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 14:21:10 PDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 9:08 AM, Sam Harwell <sharwell at pixelminegames.com>wrote:

>  Hi everyone,
>

> I finally implemented true MSBuild integration for ANTLR grammars in C#
> projects. In addition to the tool (AntlrTool.exe), you’ll need the targets
> file (Antlr3.targets) and build task library (AntlrBuildTask.dll). The
> latest builds can be found in the bin\Bootstrap directory with the C# port
> of the tool. The integration should work with any of the C# targets as long
> as the project is being built in Visual Studio 2008 or later. Here is a list
> of basic features:
>

> ·         Proper handling of inter-grammar dependencies.
>
> ·         Uses timestamps for incremental builds. When regenerating code
> from the grammars is required, it uses the fast C# port. 19 grammars are
> generated for the C# port of the ANTLR tool itself, and a full rebuild
> including the grammars takes 8 seconds.
>
> ·         Generated outputs strictly constrained to the intermediate build
> path (normally obj\Debug and obj\Release).
>
> ·         Build, Clean, Rebuild all work as expected.
>
> ·         Much easier to add new grammars to a project. For an immediate
> example, open Antlr3.csproj (the C# port) as an XML file. Later I’ll be
> writing up a new set of directions for including grammars in your projects.
>

> I’ll be re-packaging everything as a regular download in the near future.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Sam Harwell

> Unsubscribe:

Hi.  I would like to gather the parts and begin to get my brain wrapped
about the C#3 target.  Where should I be looking?  I looked around on the
fisheye and found the sources for the runtime (which build fast and clean)
but I do not see the bin/BootStrap directory.  I am missing other stuff,
too, but I figure when I know here to look for this, I'll know here to look
for everythign else.

Thanks,
Kyle