[antlr-interest] What causes org.antlr.runtime.EarlyExitException ?

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Sun Oct 25 03:19:35 PDT 2009

Easiest way to see this is to look at the generated code - it will make more sense to you. But it means you have something like ( X Y Z)+ and have failed to match any sequence of it. Look at where the exception is thrown and it will show you where in your grammar this is happening. You can then decide if your grammar or your input is incorrect. When you implement proper error handling you will change 'early exit' to something more meaningful in the context of your DSL.

Jim