[antlr-interest] Exception with gunit and custom tree adaptors

Kaleb Pederson kaleb.pederson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 17:08:23 PDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Chris DiGiano <digi at google.com> wrote:
> Sorry for not reading your initial post more carefully. A fully
> qualified classname is working for me under ANTLR 3.2, but I did have
> to upgrade to the latest gunit.jar, which I received directly from
> Leon Su, the developer. I think he updated the 1.0.6b.jar here
> http://www.antlr.org/wiki/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=3244061&metadataLink=true
> but if this doesn't work for you, you might want to contact Leon directly.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I'm also using ANTLR 3.2 but I'm not sure what version of gunit I'm
running.  I have maven configured to use the 'maven-gunit-plugin'
version 3.2, which then grabs
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/antlr/gunit/3.2/gunit-3.2.jar

I looked through the gunit jar, but didn't see anything providing a
version number that I could correlate to what you listed above.  The
md5sum's don't match, so it's not the same, but that's about all I
know for sure.

Ok. I had to dig into this deeper, and you're exactly right!  I just
diff'd the gunit source included with ANTLR 3.2 (which is what I would
expect to be contained in the gunit-3.2) and the source for the beta
that you referenced above.

What I found was that prior to the beta, gUnitExecutor explicitly
referenced 'classForName("llvm.CC")' immediately before attempting to
load the actual tree adaptor.  There's a number of other fixes related
to custom tree adaptors, including making the generated JUnit code
contain the necessary imports and passing the tree adaptor to the
CommonTreeNodeStream.

I'm sure upgrading to the latest gunit will fix the problem.  Thanks
for pointing me in the right direction Chris.

--
Kaleb Pederson

Twitter - http://twitter.com/kalebpederson
Blog - http://kalebpederson.com