[antlr-interest] problems with C target and C++ compiler

Stefan Oestreicher so at deluxe-design.at
Fri Sep 18 10:42:40 PDT 2009

Jim Idle schrieb:
> Download the examples zip form the download page and copy the driver
> code from the examples in the C subdirectories. You are just setting
> up includes incorrectly I think as the compiler thinks your variable
> is an integer.

Hi,

if I compile a simple C program (http://pastebin.com/m1e0f1257) that
includes the generated antlr sources (using this grammar:
http://pastebin.com/m31ea9441 - it's very basic and not yet really
producing an AST but if I understand correctly this shouldn't matter
anyway) with

gcc -c -I/usr/local/include -I./include *.c

it compiles but I get tons of warnings as you can see here
http://pastebin.com/m322821c5 (this was compiled on debian etch with gcc
4.1.2).
If confirmed that the /usr/local/include directory contains the antlr
header files which were copied
when I built the libantlr3c-3.1.3 source using ./configure && make &&
make install wich worked flawlessly.
I have no idea what the problem is as I believe I have done everything
neccessary according to the documentation.

Thanks for your help.

Stefan