[antlr-interest] Filtering Java expressions

Bill Andersen bill.andersen at mac.com
Fri Aug 6 11:03:29 PDT 2010

Hi folks

I'm working on a DSL that allows insertion of Java code blocks.  The only information I really need to get from the Java are variable declarations - what vars declared to be what type.  The rest I don't care about.

Is there a good way to do a partial parse of Java code to pick out declarations (or any other structure).  If it helps, I'm limiting this to pretty vanilla Java assignment and declaration expressions - no class defs.

Thanks

	.bill