[antlr-interest] problems with libantlr 3.2 release configure script

Alan Lehotsky qsmgmt at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 10 06:45:23 PDT 2010

The distributed configure script produces a warning message (on pretty much every linux, solaris, hp, and ibm unix-like system I've built it on...)

          ./configure[19707]: #include: not found

When I track this down, I see that line 19707 of configure is

          $ac_includes_default

As a shell command, which expands into essentially a long sequence of cpp #ifdef's and #includes.

I suspected a corrupted configure, so I tried rebuilding with autoconf-2.60.  A pristine configure shows that same problem.

Unfortunately, I'm now in over-my-head for autoconf and aclocal debugging.  Anyone else seeing this or have insights into whether this is anything worth worrying about?