[antlr-interest] Regardig time out

Jim Idle jimi at temporal-wave.com
Mon Aug 16 11:17:18 PDT 2010

What does the console print to the screen? Start ANTLRWorks from a command
shell and look at what it tells you. Also, you need to post the actual error
messages as there a number of places where you might get some timeout
message. Finally, use a working example grammar first as it could also be an
error in your grammar (which you are advised to post if you cannot get it to
work). For instance if you are trying to run via the debugger, then the
compile might work but if you had a lexer rule like this:

BADRULE : ;

Then that rule will match for ever and never consume any input. There are
too many variables to know what your issue is from the information supplied.

Jim