[antlr-interest] how to generate C++ file

J.R Karthikeyan jrk1987 at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 19 12:15:03 PDT 2010

Hi,

   I have tried generating c file using Antlrworks and it generate the c file.
Why I am asking C++ is, I need to do some custom code
in parser which require some information and hence I need to access the data
structure which is written in C++ (basically class).

say for eg.

s  	→ CHAR '=' e
e  	→ t y
y 	→ '+' t y
	→
t 	→ p x
x 	→ '*' t
	→
p	→ '('e')'
	→ NUMBER

where CHAR and NUMBER are tokens.

fragment
LETTER 	:	 ('a'..'z' | 'A'..'Z')
	;

CHAR	:	LETTER (LETTER | DIGIT | '_')+
	;

fragment
DIGIT	    : '0'..'9'
            ;

NUMBER	    : (DIGIT)+ '.' (DIGIT)+ | (DIGIT)+
            ;

Let say the input is i=5

Now in
s  	→ CHAR '=' e, When this get executed for i depending upon the Right hand
side I need to declare the 'i' as int. I will get
what type of datatype by calling some member funtion of some class. Is it
possible to do like this ANTLR.

Thanks,
Jrk

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes - I am aware of that. ANTLRWorks is just calling the ANTLR tool  Jim  >
-----Original Message----- > From: antlr-interest-bounces at antlr.org
[mailto:antlr-interest- > bounces at antlr.org] On Behalf Of Alan Condit > Sent:
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:54 PM > To: antlr-interest at antlr.org > Subject:
Re: [antlr-interest] how to generate C++ file >  > Jim, >  > Actually,
ANTLRWorks will generate the C code, it just won't let you see the > resultant
code in ANTLRWorks. > As long as the grammar file designates the output language
and it has the > appropriate stg files it will generate the language. I am
currently working on > the stg templates for ObjC and I am generating the output
files through > ANTLRWorks. >  > Alan > --- >  > Alan Condit > 1085 Tierra Ct. >
Woodburn, OR 97071 >  > Email -- acondit at ipns.com > Home-Office (503)
982-0906 >  > On Aug 18, 2010, at 12:00 PM, antlr-interest-request at antlr.org
wrote: >  > > From: "Jim Idle" <jimi at temporal-wave.com> > > Date: August 17,
2010 4:09:01 PM PDT > > To: <antlr-interest at antlr.org> > > Subject: Re:
[antlr-interest] how to generate C++ file > > > > > > ANTLRWorks does not
generate C code (and there is no C++ generator, it > > is C that you can compile
as C++ if you like.) ANTLRWorks only works > > with Java for code generating
purposes. Use the command line tool and > > Makefiles etc for C. > > > > You
need to start with the downloadable examples and then read the > > getting
started stuff on the wiki. > > > > Also don't forget http://antlr.markmail.org >
> > > Jim > > > >> -----Original Message----- > >> From: antlr-interest-bounces
at antlr.org [mailto:antlr-interest- > >> bounces at antlr.org] On Behalf Of J.R
Karthikeyan > >> Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:05 PM > >> To: antlr-interest
at antlr.org > >> Subject: [antlr-interest] how to generate C++ file > >> > >>
Hi, > >> > >>  I am using ANTLRWorks 1.4 for my project. I would like to
generate > >> the > > C++ > >> file from this grammar. I don't find how to do
this. Can you give me > > direction > >> in how to generate those files. > >> >